Mr. Simon grew up in northern New Jersey, but moved to the mid-west to pursue his career in intellectual property law. During law school at Case Western Reserve University, Mr. Simon helped establish an intellectual property division of the Milton A. Kramer Law Clinic, and was published in the Journal of Neuroscience Methods for research conducted with the Biomedical Engineering department at Case Western.
Building on his background in mechanical and aerospace engineering, Mr. Simon practices in all areas of intellectual property law, including intellectual property transactions and the preparation and prosecution of patent, trademark, and copyright applications.
Before coming to the firm, Mr. Simon worked with aspiring entrepreneurs at a small business incubator, assisted with intellectual property transactions for charitable institutions, and has worked with a range of clients from individual inventors to Fortune 500 companies.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering (minor in Aerospace Engineering), Washington University in St. Louis – 2009
- J.D. Case Western Reserve University School of Law – 2012
Honors and Awards
- ABA/BNA Award for Excellence in Intellectual Property Studies, Case Western Reserve School of Law 2012
- Admitted to Indiana State Bar – 2014
- Admitted to Ohio State Bar – 2013 (inactive)
- Registered to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – 2012
- Potter et al., Reduction of Autofluorescence at the Microelectrode-cortical Tissue Interface Improves Antibody Detection, Journal of Neuroscience Methods, September 24, 2011, doi:10.1016/j.jneumeth.2011.09.024.
- Law school, Shaker LaunchHouse build foundation for intellectual property clinic, the daily – CWRU, January 30, 2012.