Michael D. Beck
Before becoming a patent attorney, Mr. Beck worked for nearly ten years as a Vibrations and Design Engineer at two aerospace companies. Prior to joining with the firm, Mr. Beck practiced at a large Indianapolis general practice law firm, started a three-person IP firm, and was a partner at a large local boutique firm.
Mr. Beck practices in all phases of intellectual property law, including preparation and prosecution of patent, trademark and copyright applications, patent and trademark clearance analysis, due diligence investigations and intellectual property counseling. He has particular technical experience in mechanical, electro-mechanical, bio-mechanical and electrical arts. Mr. Beck is also a certified civil mediator.
Outside of intellectual property law, Mr. Beck is an avid cyclist and “enjoys” golf.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, The Kettering Institute -1979
- M.S. Engineering Science and Mechanics, Georgia Institute of Technology – 1980
- J.D. Thomas Jefferson School of Law – 1986
Honors and Awards
- Beck was named one of Indiana’s “Super Lawyers” in Intellectual Property Law in 2001.
- Beck was named a “Best Lawyer in America” for Patent Law by Best Lawyers ® for 2016-2018.
- Admitted to Indiana State Bar – 1986
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit – 1986
- Admitted to U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit – 2003
- Registered to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – 1987
- Certified Civil Mediator, Indiana – 2018
Professional Association Committees/Activity
- Past Chair of the Intellectual Property Section of the Indianapolis Bar Association