Mr. Baxter received a B.S.E. with high honors in Civil Engineering and a M.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering with a Water Resources focus from the University of Iowa. He worked jointly with the Iowa Flood Center, the Iowa Institute of Hydraulic Research, and the University of Iowa College of Law to study legal and practical aspects of distributed flood storage in the Cedar and Iowa River basins, and with the results prepared his Master’s thesis entitled Engineering and Legal Aspects of a Distributed Storage Flood Mitigation System in Iowa.
Mr. Baxter received his J.D. with high honors from the University Of Iowa College Of Law, and now practices in all areas of intellectual property law, including intellectual property litigation and licensing, as well as preparation of patent, trademark, and copyright applications, with a particular emphasis in prosecuting mechanical patent applications. He is a member of the bar of the State of Indiana, and is registered to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana.
- B.S.E. Civil Engineering with High Honors, Business Minor, University of Iowa – 2008
- M.S. Civil & Environmental Engineering, Water Resources Focus, University of Iowa – 2011
- J.D. with High Honors, University of Iowa College of Law – 2011
Honors and Awards
- Order of the Coif, Inducted 2012
- Admitted to Indiana State Bar – 2012
- Admitted to Practice before the U.S. District Court – Northern District of Indiana – 2012
- Admitted to Practice before the U.S. District Court – Southern District of Indiana – 2012
- Admitted to Practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office – 2012
- Baxter, Travis. “Engineering and legal aspects of a distributed storage flood mitigation system in Iowa.” University of Iowa (2011).